Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Two Days of Mind Overload!

I’ve just finished two days of “Idaho’s Best Teaching Practices” course this summer. I took it for one credit and now only have 3 more credits to go until I can technically recertify in two years. ((Every teacher has to take at least 6 credits every 5 years to be considered a qualified teacher and to keep her teaching certificate current)). It actually turned out to be a great course and I’ll probably go back next year if they offer it again. There were nine different classes that I could choose from. I was able to attend only four however. Randomly, one of the other second grade teachers I work with was there so we took some of the classes together. We felt energized and excited to share some of our ideas with the rest of our grade. I’m ready to start getting ready for this new school year that officially starts Thursday, August 19th. I’m very excited and looking forward to be getting back into the classroom. I’ve been reading and studying so many books, websites, and teachers that my mind feels like it is exploding with ideas! I’m not sure if I can keep up with all the things I want to do this year, but I’m going to try!!!

One of my classes talked about negative behaviors that are seen daily in a classroom. It brought back the many memories and things that can be annoyingly done by a student. I won’t list them, but consider the picture below. And yes, I’ve seen everyone of these behaviors take place in my classroom. I learned very quickly that patience is the number one thing needed as a teacher, and I have a lot more patience then I realized too! 

GroeningCartoon

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have enough patients to be a teacher. You must be great.

    By the way, I love your quote, Do you mind if i still it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! It's not like I thought it up...hehe, I just borrow from great minds!

    ReplyDelete