Sunday, September 5, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend!!!

I’m starting to realize that life is becoming super busy during the week with working full time again. So I’m sure this won’t be the first post that is a summary of my week. :)

My Weekend:

First off, Landon and I went camping Friday night and Saturday. We finally found a weekend that we could both go camping this year. Earlier in the summer, I had to work weekends and Landon work weekdays so it just didn’t fit into our schedule until now. It was a lot of fun and I’m so glad we went. We’ve spent the rest of our weekend swimming, sleeping, movie watching, shopping, and being with friends. Monday however…. CLEAN THE HOUSE!!! ((You can tell our priorities this weekend…play, play, ok…at little bit of work before facing the end of our fun!))

Update on My ‘Project’ at School:

My sweet little boy in my class informed me on Friday that he hates Saturday. This really surprised me! I mean, what kid HATES Saturday?!? I had to ask him why. His reply was, “It’s the day that I can’t come to school. And I really love school Mrs. Meikle because you are here. I just want to come move into your apartment with you so we can be together all the time.” How cute and sad is that! Already in two weeks of school I’ve captured this boy’s heart and I have better devotion from him them his teachers in the past. I think it has to do with the fact that he has grown up a lot and for the fact that I understand that he needs some flexibility with the rules for his own progress. I honestly think he was so wild in the past because he never felt success in following/doing what he was supposed to do and gave up on himself. Why try at all when there isn’t a point? When school work keeps piling up and more and more punishments keep being applied that their is no end in sight of ever being able to go to recess? Well…I’m rambling and I’m not even sure that makes any sense about my epiphany.

Final Rant/Love:

So for my final post, I just wanted to leave you with a thought and a website that I TOTALLY approve of and agree with-Plus Size Model’s United.

http://plussizemodelsunite.com/2010/08/31/healthy-is-the-new-skinny-this-is-not-about-a-size-its-about-a-movement-model-katie-halchishick-tells-me-about-her-passion-for-healthy-living-and-happiness-by-angela/

 

It is amazing to me that a Plus Size Model is someone considered ‘size 6 to size 12’ with a toned body and her body is considered proportional.’ Wait…isn’t that just normal? Isn’t that just healthy!?! But that’s the point! Our fashion industry has gone so far from what is healthy and happy that models just look sick and fake! This article is about a fashion designer who wants to start showing ‘plus size’ models at fashion week. This past year she was banned because she was told, “We don’t want elephants stomping down our runway.” It’s too sad. And we wonder why girls and women hate their bodies and have self confident issues. Just a thought to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment