Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloweenie Thoughts….

I’ve always enjoyed Halloween, but thanks to Landon, my enjoyment has increased quite a bit. That boy cracks me up! Halloween is defiantly his favorite holiday and when we get a house, he plans on decking out the yard as a gravesite and the basement and garage as a spook alley for the neighborhood kids. I appreciate ‘haunted houses’ and costumes a whole lot more as well! Think think if we could afford it, Landon would have us go to a spook house twice a week and then some during October and also make/buy five different costumes to wear. Don’t forget the parties and murder mystery dinners we would need to host or attend!

halloween-decor

So that leaves me with very ghoul-like ideas this time of year. We LOVE going into the different stories and seeing all of the fun Halloween stuff they have on display. And we love the fact that this year TWO costume shops have opened up for business.

BUT…being an active LDS woman…well it presents me with a creative and frustrating situation when it comes to costumes. Sadly, the world thinks that dressing up for Halloween equals dressing like a play-boy-bunny-skank! And that leaves me with very few choices to consider. Hence the need for creativity…which sometime I lack in when it comes to crafty stuff. So let me show you what I’ve been considering for costume ideas:

Costume #1: Alice in Wonderland

disney-alice-in-wonderland-costume alice-wonderland-costume-tim-burton-549x700

alice-in-wonderland-costume_370_370_86 movie_alice_in_wonderland_flowers

04012-Tween-Alice-in-Wonderland-Costume-large alice-in-wonderland

But even in this area there is the traditional Disney version to pick from OR the newer Tim Burton Version. Either way I get to wear a blonde wig! And leggings if the dress isn’t long enough.

 

Costume #2: Robin Hood

 

84326901343_450x450_a

Most of these costumes I can wear as long as I have brown leggings on underneath the outfit. That should make it modest enough.

 

Costume #3: Some kind of fairy?

2097 teasel-wings-clear-side 

  wings2-241x300purple-butterfly-wings

This obsession with wearing wings probably stems from my love of the movie ‘Ever After’, when Drew Barrymore appears for the party dressed like an angel. But wings are so pretty!

 

Costume #4: A Masquerade…if only…..

 masquerade

I totally wish that I lived in a city that threw a decent Halloween Masquerade Dance! I love dancing and I love the beauty of masks. Once again it probably comes from watching too many chic-flicks!

 

Costume #5: Something Dead…Landon’s Idea

Samakasimba1019340190502 tim-burtons-corpse-bride-costumes-and-accessories1

corpse bride face

skeleton GF5000_SKELETON

After going to Lagoon’s Frightmares, Landon LOVES the idea of dressing up like some kind of zombie or skeleton. In the past we have always matched…but I’m not sure about all the make-up involved for being dead. I like feeling cute and sassy….not gross. But then again the idea of ripping up a dress and making my own costume sounds fun too. Too bad their isn’t such a thing a pretty dead girl.

My Favorite Part of Halloween Costume Shopping: Baby Outfits!!!

babysnail Lil-Lobster-Infant-Toddler-Costume Newborn-Halloween-Costumes-Main

Just look at these! How can you not love them…and looking online there are a TON of creative, cute, and down right silly things for babies to wear!

 

Fun Items to use during Halloween!

 

d29b_brain_freeze_ice_cube_molds Eyeball icecubes

halloween-oreo

 

And Finally Halloween Pumpkins/Decor!!!!

p_101134463halloween_decorating_325  

pumpkin-carving

Hope you’ve enjoyed my Holiday Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment