Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wedding Planning

I know that sounds ridiculous coming from a woman who is already married, but I can’t help planning my own ‘dream wedding’! I think it’s the fact that my friend Nichole is getting married in April and I’ve been helping her plan different parts of her wedding.

And I also think I’ve got the itch to day dream about some fantasy wedding of mine because there would have been some things I would have defiantly changed if I could do it over again. Things such as my colors, my photographer, my food, my flowers, and I wish I would have had a wedding party besides our parents. I would have liked to have danced at my wedding. And it would have been nice if it could have been outside on a beautiful warm summer night. But there was no way I was going to wait three more months for that to have happened!  I even loved looking at new and fun engagement ring designs that they didn’t have when I was going through the process. I love my ring; however, my one ring counts for both my engagement and wedding band. Maybe it is a bit selfish, but I would have liked to have two. One big and flashy for special occasions; one for everyday.

But in spite of the things I would change, I need to make myself perfectly clear that I would NEVER change the fact that I was married in the temple to the perfect guy for me. Landon and I have had the time of our lives these past 3 1/2 year and we are still smiling. So it doesn’t really matter what happened on April 7, 2007. It turned out nice, I felt like a princess, and there were many parts I absolutely love about that day. But a girl can dream, right? I just think that this funny wave of thoughts is justified because I never planned my own wedding as a girl or teenager. I didn’t even know what colors I wanted until I was sitting in front of the lady we were renting all the wedding supplies from. I felt a little rushed and pushed from my mom. So if I would have taken my time maybe this is how it might have turned out….

Dream Wedding

Who knows? Maybe down the road you’ll receive an invite to a party that looks like this. Landon did tell me that I could plan our 50th anniversary all fancy like this :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning my 50th anniversary. And it's going to be awesome. invitations, photographers, a dress and dancing. It is going to be awesome. I love the dreaming. keep on dreaming.

    ReplyDelete