Monday, June 20, 2011

To Kill a Mockingbird

 

I don’t normally take the time to wrote a post about a book I’ve read. ((I have www.goodreads.com for stating my opinion about books!)) But I recently read ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ and I LOVED it!

I read it once back in high school…and I’ll admit that I didn’t really care for it at all. Probably because I had such horrible literature teachers who never discussed the depth of a book and why it is considered such a classic.

il_570xN.237748178

They even make cute earrings on Etsy to  celebrate this book!

covers

Anyways, I just wanted to state that this book is now one of my most favorite books. It has such amazing quotes and shows the purity of a child before the world corrupts us with hatred. I thought of my 2nd graders and how loving they are. I teach a classroom full of little Scouts. (She is the main character in the book.) Here are some of the more famous quotes from the book, Enjoy:

“I think there’s just one kind of folks. Folks.”

–Scout Finch

 

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyways, and you see if through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

–Atticus Finch

 

“You never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them.”

–Atticus Finch

301965293v5_480x480_Front

 

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment