I stumbled across a quote that is quickly becoming one of my favorite. It was made by Audrey Hepburn and it just adds to her timeless grace and beauty.
It was this quote that led me on a scavenger hunt to track down beautiful pictures and quotes. I’ll admit that I’ve spend a good hour or so just reading and looking at pretty stuff online. I also tried to narrow down exactly what true beauty is. Why one beautiful girl can look like a mess and a homely girl can radiate and light up a room? I believe it all comes down to how you view yourself and how you treat others. Some of the most ‘pretty’ women can be right down ugly with how they act.
I was reading an article by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland who told of a woman who spend her years working with a variety of beautiful woman. She saw several things they all had in common, and not one of them had anything to do with sizes and shapes. She said the loveliest women she had known had a glow of health, a warm personality, a love of learning, stability of character, and integrity. And Elder Holland also added that the sweet and gentle Spirit of the Lord carried by such a woman describes the loveliness of women in any age or time,every element of which is emphasized in and attainable through the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I began to think about the woman in my life who I look up to and aspired to become like. I thought about the qualities they posses and what makes them, well them! Yes, many of them are beautiful. But I believe that their beauty truly lies in their smiles, in the twinkle of their eyes, their warm friendly manner, and their confidence. Confidence and Happiness and true beauty marks.
“True beauty can’t be painted on but is a gift of the Spirit”
-Elder Lynn G. Robbins
“Tell me what you smile or laugh at,
and I’ll tell you who you are.”
-Marcel Pagnol
I miss your laugh. I believe the best laughter is the kind shared with a dear friend. I love the quotes thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI too liked the quotes... and all the lovely pink things :)
ReplyDelete