It’s amazing how much work is needed to make a house feel like a cozy home! I think the first two weeks of unpacking I was going crazy from being in a house that felt so empty and echoed with Landon at work each day. It finally feels nice to have everything in it’s place with a little bit of home creeping up in random spots as I continue to decorate.
We had a fun open house/ birthday party earlier this week for the house and myself :) It was great seeing friends and family members viewing the home. I should have gotten pictures of everyone over, but I was having too much fun. So instead, I’ve taken pictures of them home for those who couldn’t be here. Hope you enjoy!
Feel free to come visit any time you are around!
715 Clarence Dr. Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Our lovely split-entry house. Not my most favorite layout, but it’s a good house. I’ll be showing you the upstairs first.
Here is the front room when you first come up the stairs. Most everything in the room is some sort of hand-me-down furniture. The couch and arm chair are on ‘loan’ to us from some good friends. The oak end table is from my parents. and the curtains where left behind from the original owners. But I can claim that the piano and pictures are ours! I’m looking forward to decorating this room and buying furniture some day.
I wish you could see a little bit better…but I stole most of my ideas off of Pintrest anyways. This wall arrangement was the bane of the last two weeks. I ended up repainting all of the frames, distressing them, and picking my brains on what to put in them.
Just around the corner is the dining area and kitchen. I realized just now that I didn’t take a picture of the dining area. You aren’t missing much because it is just a table a four chairs with nothing on the walls around them. But I like the kitchen. It’s a little darker then I like, but it feels cozy. For now we plan on leaving it the same for a while. Maybe in a few years if we still feel the itch, we might redo the cabinets and counter tops.
I LOVE my pantry area and all the space it gives me. And the backyard is large with LOTS of potential. That is the view from the sliding door that is just off of the kitchen/dining area.
Now to take you back through the front room and down the hallway to the bedrooms and bathrooms….I need to find things to go on the walls!
On the right is just a boring coat closet, so I won’t show you that…but our first right is the guest/company bathroom. I am happy how it turned out. Thank you garage sales and craft store clearance sales!
Next are the bedrooms.
This bedroom will be our future guest bedroom. Lots of room you to come say hi! For now it just stores extra bedding and odds and ends.
This bedroom is the closest to the master bedroom. This will be the future nursery. Hopefully sooner than later, but as many of you know… the timing on this particular plan isn’t in our hands anymore. So for now, I’m very happy using this room as my own personal office/craft room. I love having the space to spread out my projects and leave them out for a few days while working on them. Oh, you might be wondering what is in the window? I collect storybook stuffed characters. I have some fun ones like the monsters from ‘Where the Wild Things Are’, ‘Skippyjon Jones’, ‘The Knuffle Bunny’, and many others :)
Here is the master bedroom. It was hard to get a picture of everything in here because we squeezed our king size bed in the room. We were so thankful that it fit with our nightstands as well. The only two things you can’t see in the picture are the closet which is just to the right, and our large dresser and mirror which are behind me while taking this photo.
Also, a nice feature of the house we weren’t planning on was having our own master bath! It’s small, but I’m so glad that we have one! I really enjoy that they put hard wood floors in there too.
Now to go downstairs…still in the middle of being figured out, but it’s now to the point that I like going down there and relaxing.
First is the Living/TV Room.
Here is another room that I’m looking forward someday buying our own furniture to make it feel more put together. We were given some old couches from my parents, which I quickly covered up with some bed sheets. I feel kind of proud on this one. Instead of paying $80 or more for store bought couch covers (per couch, ouch!); I spend the grand total of $30 for both couches together! Got to love Walmart flat sheets. I think my next blog post will be about some of the random projects I undertook to put my home together.
Here are some quick pictures of the unfinished bathroom that we use for storage and the closet/storage space under the stairs. I’m looking forward to finishing those as well.
Also downstairs we have a laundry/furnace room. And another room that we will use as Landon’s office. He had so much fun putting up his random treasures and knick-knacks. It’s everything a guy’s office should be: a place to display their fun objects, guitar stands and amp, space to work on his laptop, and a tv hooked up to his old-school Nintendo's!
And that’s the end of our home! I didn’t show you the garage…but who really wants to see a garage. We are settling in and feeling happy with our choice to buy a home. Now that I spend my whole summer cleaning and working on décor projects, I have the terrifying realization that school starts next week for me! I don’t feel ready yet, but maybe over the next two days of reading books and working on lesson plans and ideas I can start to get back into that mind set. Wish me luck!
-Amanda
So exciting! I love what you've done so far. I used to never want to decorate our apartment because living here is so temporary, but I've become a believer. It make you feel at home, and proud of the things you have (which makes me want to take better care of them!)
ReplyDeleteI love all the colors, so peaceful and beautiful!
Its lovely! I think it was an excellent choice.
ReplyDeleteOkay I'm like jumping up and down in my chair i'm so excited for you guys. What a beautiful blessing. It's time I start planing my next trip to Idaho Falls.
ReplyDeleteOkay so when I first read that your home was a split level I had to laugh because ours is too and I feel the same way about it that you do. Gotta love the hand me down furniture, that's how we furnished our whole house. It's funny but I think our houses our almost identical with room number and the big backyard, etc. We have a half bath in addition to two full baths but that's about it. Hope you continue to enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteSam