Saturday, August 25, 2012

It’s the Little Things that Count

So a few weeks ago I posted pictures of our new home. Well, I thought I would make this the post about how I put together some of the things I did. And all I can say is thank you Pintrest!

 

1. Photo Arrangement

I thought it would take me a few days….try two week! I ended up painting and finishing all of the frames, as well as picking my brain over what to put into the frames…and what display pattern. In the end I made up the arrangement order. And during my Harvest Break in October, I’m actually going to go back and repaint the cream frames to a white color. I just don’t like the cream frames look against the brown walls. It’s nice, but I’m already tweaking ideas in my head on how to make the wall look better.

DSC00855DSC00854

photo (5)photo

 

2. Couch Covers

Landon and I were given some couches from our family to use for our basement…but I think they are UGLY. They came with covers…but it only covers where you touch the couch…the effect was still UGLY.

photo (9)photo (3)

I went to the story to look at buying couch covers and was shocked to learn that it was easily $80 to $100 per couch….ouch! Then came the search for what the cheapest cover would be. Thank you internet!

In enters the bedsheet solution. First I tried playing with old bedsheets that I already owned. I originally thought that I would need 2 or 3 queen or king sized flat sheets per couch. I’m so glad that I practiced with ones I already owned, because it turned out that I only needed 1 queen flat sheet and 1 twin flat sheet per couch. So my cost went from $80 to only $15. I’m a happy girl. I can live with bedsheets for a few months while we save up for our dream couches!

photo (8)photo (2)

photo (1)

 

3. Organized Pantry Space

Thank to my mom, I was given some old Tupperware containers to store whatever food items I wanted. I hate leaving things in half used bags and boxes, so having labeled containers is a must. Just bought some clear address labels and designed a cute sticker. Ta-Da!

 

photo (7)

DSC00863photo (6)

Finally after living in our house for two months, I can now call this place home. I can’t wait for my fall break and Christmas break to take on more projects. I think decorating and organizing makes me feel like a real home owner. It’s fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment