Thursday, August 5, 2010

What a Fun Birthday!!!

So I just celebrated my 24th birthday on August 4th. It turned out great thanks to Landon! He had to word today for the first time on my birthday since we’ve been married. But that didn’t stop him from surprising me with a few gifts before he left. I then spend the day being lazy, pampering myself, and hanging out with my friend Shelby. After Landon returned home we went to Dinner at Jakers. I LOVE their food :) Then at 8:30pm we went over to the McKellars for ice cream cake with family and friends. It was great! I haven’t had a birthday party since I turned 17. It’s nice to feel loved. Here are some of the presents I received:

bag vest game

white shirt shirt bdaydvd bday

I’ve been wanted a new purse and some cute clothes for school. And Mom and Dad Meikle gave me the DVD collection of some great musicals. (Show Boat, Annie Get Your Gun, Kiss Me Kate, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!) The McKellars were so great to give us ‘The Game of Things’. It is one of our most FAVORITE games ever. Come over and we’ll play with you!

Bday cake MotherAndDaughter

This is the yummy ‘Oreo Creamery’ Cake we had from Coldstone. It has layers of chocolate cake and Oreo ice cream! The final gift was given to me from my Mom. It’s a Willow Tree figurine titled: “Mother and Daughter”. She also included a touching letter to me as well. I love her so much.

At the end of the day I realized how blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family. I don’t know how things have fallen into place to have these super relationships. It was a great way to end the day.

super-mario-galaxy-2_1

P.S. I need to mention that my sweetie, Landon, surprised me with the new ‘Super Mario Galaxy 2’. I’m admitting that I have a secret place in my heart for all Mario games…and I’m sure I know what I’ll be doing in my spare time. ((Though it probably won’t be until Spud Harvest Break in October!!))

1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday. I'm glad it was a special day. You deserve it. I love Mario games too. My favorite is "Mario Party" but old school "Super Mario Brother 3" comes in second.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete