Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What a Week!

I’m always amazed at the weeks that seem to go by in a blink! This past one is definitely one of them. Last Monday and Tuesday I had my teacher ‘Best Practices’ class. ((Which I have already posted about)). But then starting Thursday through Saturday I’ve been attending Education Week up in Rexburg. I’ve never gone before, but it was so wonderful. It has really helped me refocus my life and priorities. It was wonderful to feel the spirit bear witness of the truth to what I was being taught. It was also wonderful being up there with my Mom, Shelby, and Ellen. I know I couldn’t even begin to write down everything I learned…it feels like I filled up half a notebook in three days!

educationweek18 

I also was able to participate in a Passover Seder dinner on Friday night. That was amazing, even though the ‘bitter herbs’ (horseradish) was so incredibly hot! The couple who were hosting the dinner rated it a 9.5 out of 10. It was amazing to me to recognize some of the symbolize in many of the foods we ate and things we said. Interestingly I found myself thinking that many of the things related  directly to Christ; even though when the Jews hold  Passover, they believe it has nothing to do with Christ. It was even more interesting to see the correlation between our Sacrament and one of the final steps in the Passover. I loved the experience.

SEDER

Thankfully after such a full week I had Sunday to relax and spend time with Landon. Then on Monday I found an ad on Craigslist for a dryer. I guess the manager of an apartment complex near Rexburg found a dryer that someone left behind when they moved because they could only take what they needed in a car. So they were selling it really cheap to get it out of the apartment quickly so another tenet could move in soon. We’ve been “dryer-less” for about 9 months and I’ve being getting tired of hauling our freshly washed clothes over to our apartment club house to pay for a dryer. So Landon and I spend most of yesterday getting our new dryer and installing it. It works great! It’s put me into a cleaning kick this morning and already I’ve done two loads of laundry, swept and mopped all the floors, taken out the trash, picked/tided up, done the dishes, and re-organized the pantry closet! All this before noon!!! It always feels so good to be sparkling clean :)

3m73o53p45Z45S15R1a82d6782de86a641638

Ta-Dah! Our Dryer and My Cleaning Motivator!!! Smiles all around here! Now off to the Dentist in 30 minutes…

2 comments:

  1. I attended a passover service at BYU and loved it. Then the next year, I helped host one. I wish I could go every year, it's truly an amazing experience.

    Why Passover in August though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dryer. It's always nice to get a great deal. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete