Sunday, November 7, 2010

If You’ve Ever Heard of a Word Vomit….Well This is a Blog Vomit!!!

3609347611_55c77983be

Ha Ha! I just had to title this entry as a Blog vomit and add this fun picture. This past month I’ve been running around like crazy with no time on my hands to relax and blog, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about all the things I need to blog about! So this is a spill of my existence of the past month in one entry. It might be long, and it might be messy, but it’s going to be fun! (I must note that I’m writing this as 6am in the morning, on a SUNDAY, on DAYLIGHTSAVINGS! Rrrrrrr…why did my body decide that the perfect day of the year that it can sleep in and receive extra rest that it doesn’t want it?!? Lol…it’s life…)

Anywho…where to start…probably should start with what I’m most excited for! And that would be discovering I have a crafty side of my life! I actually like to make stuff! I actually like Mod Podge! I actually like craft blogs! You might think that this is a strange thing to discover since I have grown up doing stuff like this for a variety of church and school activities…but somehow it has finally clicked into my feminine ways :) I actually have to thank the fact that it is ‘In-style’ to send your cute little girls to school wearing these adorable silk and satin hair flower clips. I must admit that some are over the top, but most are super cute!

aubrey-oday-blonde-hairstyle-huge-flower  <---- WHOA THERE! YIKES!!!

 

011624  <------Simple, and Beautiful!

It was flower clips like these that got me thinking…if my friends and all these girl’s moms can make flower clips, then why can’t I? I don’t want to have to spend nine dollars at a craft booth on a flower that probably costs less then a dollar to make. And that’s when I meet the heavenly resource of craft blogs. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve already added a new section just dedicated to some of the blogs that have already inspired me. So after going out and buying some supplies and viewing this web page 50 times (http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-pretty-organza-flowers.html); these clips are my final product:

 DSC_0122 DSC_0127

DSC_0121

 

For a first time attempt, not bad I think! I want to make more with a little more flare and size. I’ve already learned a few things of what I want to do different next time, but I’m still pleased with myself :)

 

STOP!!! 

Just Kidding…

If only this was a normal blog entry and my brain was empty of new intriguing information. Ha, like that would happen! But I’m sick with blog-vomit, remember! ((And crafting fever too!))

Back to the story line…about the same time I was thinking of organza fabric and colorful beads, my cousin’s wife posted on her blog a cute and easy Halloween craft that used up any empty glass bottles around the home. I already had most of the supplies except Mod Podge. I didn’t take pictures of my finished cute jars, but here is the link and what mine are based on.

http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/09/freecycle-friday-glowing-jack-olanterns.html

GlowingJackOLanterns109copy

And it was after my fabulous introduction to Mod Podge; (She is amazing! She not only glues but also seals and finishes projects!) that I decided to have my hand in making a cute box for my friend’s birthday. She had sent me a home crafted item for my birthday, why not return the favor now that I have some mad skills! So off to the craft store I went. I came home with some super cute paper and a plain cheap wooden box…and Poof! Here is my creation that I later filled with some cute hair flowers and sent off in the mail.

Happy Birthday Lenay!

DSC_0128 DSC_0131 DSC_0132

 

I thought it turned out very well! I actually shocked myself at how well it turned out.  The only mistake that I didn’t know about until it was finished, is the fact that a magnetic box and Mod Podge don’t go well together. It makes it very hard to open. A bit sticky. So I sent a note explaining that I only “kid-proofed” the box for her *Wink Wink, lol.

While all of this had been going on, I’d also been having “fun” with parent-teacher-conferences at school, heading up a sugar filled Halloween party with 20 second graders, and having a blast making and showing off our costumes we made this year. You might have recalled from a prior blog entry that I have been stumped this year of how I should dress up. It was less then a week away until our first Halloween party and we still weren’t closer to knowing what we were going to do.

It actually ended up that we were spending another bored evening at the mall window-shopping when we found the hat that inspired our costumes. ((And if you’ve ever been in Hot Topic, it’s not hard to imagine why we would be inspired in that store of all places.))

The Hat

51DEZVgn89L._SL500_SX300_SY390_CR,0,0,300,390_

It was all down hill and quite easy after we decided to go as the undead/zombies. It simply would need a couple of fun details like lace gloves and a black top hat, some lovely clothes from D.I., watching a few YouTube videos about make-up and costume design, and Wah-La!!! The best costumes we’ve ever had yet!!!!

DSC_0099 DSC_0119   DSC_0105DSC_0117DSC_0114

Don’t you love us?!?

 

I’ve basically caught up on all the happenings in my life except for two last things:

1. Here is a picture of my next adventure in crafting:

Tree Advent Calendar 

Actually I couldn’t find a picture of the unfinished wood I bought, but this drawing is as close as I could come without actually taking my own picture. Yes, I feel lazy this morning. After I finish painting and mod-podge-ing the whole advent calendar, I’ll post pics. But for now, use your imagination.

2. I love cupcakes, especially free ones from a store that had it’s grand opening this past Thursday. The “Better-Than-Whatever” cupcakes are the best!

cocoa bean provo utah cupcake tasting review orem sweet life

 

Awwww….I feel better now that all of this “stuff” is out of my system.

2 comments:

  1. Which cupcake place opened up there?! There's a ton of super cute ones down here that I have to force myself away from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blogginess. I love craft blogs too. You hair-ties turn out beautiful. I wouldn't mind a home made hair tie from a good friend. hint hint ;) hehehe I love that blog. do you skype? we just downloaded it. if you do we should chat sometime.

    ReplyDelete